Lions Clubs International Foundation (LCIF)
Lions around the world are united by a great spirit of giving and dedication in helping others. As the official charitable organization of Lions Clubs International, Lions Clubs International Foundation (LCIF) supports Lions’ compassionate works by providing grant funding for their local and global humanitarian efforts.
We help Lions serve
LCIF helps Lions improve peoples’ lives around the world, from combating vision problems to responding to major catastrophes to providing valuable life skills to youth. Because LCIF helps Lions carry out large-scale projects through our grant programs, Lions increase their impact in their local and global communities and serve even more people in need around the world.
Our funds come from individuals
LCIF grants, on average, US$30 million annually. Donations from 1.35 million Lions in 206 countries provide the vast majority of the revenue received by LCIF, making the Foundation a global leader in humanitarian service. Lions know their donations matter and that 100 percent of every donation goes directly to people in need.
We form lasting and successful partnerships
LCIF leverages the donations we receive through effective partnerships with other foundations, corporations and governments on the local, national and international level. We are proud that LCIF was named the #1 non-governmental organization worldwide, according to a 2007 Financial Times independent survey.
We have key areas of service
To support Lions mission of serving communities and meeting humanitarian needs, LCIF provides grants in these focus areas:
- Saving Sight
- Serving Youth
- Providing Disaster Relief
- Meeting Humanitarian Needs
We make an impact
LCIF and Lions reach millions of people and accomplish visible results. Some of our accomplishments include:
- Preventing serious vision loss for 30 million people
- Providing close to 148 million treatments for river blindness
- Engaging more than 12 million students and 500,000 educators in 66 countries in the youth development program Lions Quest
- Building or expanding 315 eye hospitals/clinics/wards conducting 14 million vision screenings for children through Sight for Kids providing vision screening for more than 250,000 Special Olympics athletes from 85 countries through Opening Eyes